Monday, March 2, 2009

Regionals, Jurney's turn!

Well, this last Friday was the final Regionals. This one is for the teens grades 7th-12th. This time it was at Berean Baptist Church in Ogden, Utah. Jurney entered 3 categories. Photography (nature/color), Sketching, and the Spelling Bee. She took 3rd place in all divisions. Jurney takes her camera everywhere. Jurney was very excited that she was able to place at all. Once you get in with the teens the competing level is very advanced. You should have seen some of the things that were entered. I am very proud of how hard Jurney worked on her projects. Next year, Jurney is going to enter in the speech and possibly singing competitions.
Click on image to make larger.


Psalms 30:12 "To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever."

12 comments:

Sherri B said...

Good job Jurney!!

RyGuy said...

Its good to see the fruits from hard work show.

RyGuy said...

I really enjoy going and seeing all the kids show their efforts they have spent either in art, singing, playing an instrument, or giving speeches.

Melinda said...

Congratulations to Jurney. Your peojects are awesome!!

Holly Jo said...

Wow you have some very talented children. keep up the good work.

Dana said...

Very nice job! Love the picture. I entered a photo contest once.. was able to get my photo entered in a coffee table book.. you know the ones rich people have on thier coffee tables. i wanted to buy the book but it was $50. I passed... any how congrats on your hard work...

Andrea said...

Congratulations Jurney! She should enter the beautiful photo in the county fair!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are wonderful. Good Job Jurney. I bet you are very proud Shelley! :)

Arizona Manwarings said...

Thoes are awsome pictures. Congrats Jurney!

Corby Johnson said...

Jurney, You are an awesome young woman. I love the photo of the tree with the snow on the limbs. I am very proud of the beautiful young lady you have become.

Love,

Grandma and Grandpa

Corby Johnson said...

Its Natalie! Wow Jurney gooooo you! Those look superly awesome! I love you so much!

Chantryjean said...

Jurney that is so awesome! I am floored by the talent you have. I have always wished that I could draw. I say, watch out next year... Jurney will sweep all!