Monday, February 23, 2009

Regionals- hard work pays off!

Jaden did very well at Regionals this last Friday. Regionals is where once a year kids from Independent Fundamental Baptist schools come to compete in such categories from art to chess to speeches to quartets. They have from the end of the school year till the next competition to have their projects done. He took 1st place in the Popsicle stick division. He worked on this project for almost 2 months! He made a fighter plane out of the notched craft sticks. It came with very complicated directions. He also competed in checkers. Here he is standing in front of his project. I am sure that you can click on the pic and it will enlarge and you can see it much better.

Colossians 1:29 "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily."




8 comments:

RyGuy said...

Hard work does pay off! It was good for Jaden too to start something, see it through and compete.

Sherri B said...

Good job Jaden! He did a great job, can't wait to see what he will do for next year.

Melinda said...

great job Jaden!! That airplane is awesome!

Corby Johnson said...

Jaden,
You are the best. Don't forget you are my favorite red headed grandson. Love you lots and lots! Keep up the good work.

love always

Grandma and Grandpa

Andrea said...

Way to go Jaden! What a fun activity! and I LOVE the airplane.

Arizona Manwarings said...

wow congrats that is awsome.

Corby Johnson said...

It's Natalie. Jaden you look so cute!! I just love it! You're getting so big and tall! I love ya!

Chantryjean said...

Wow Jaden! What craftsmanship! The boys will be so impressed when I show them your airplane. I think you should teach them, they would love it. Rock on 1st place!