Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome Home Daddy!



My dad has been very sick now for several months. He had a major heart attack almost a year ago. In December he seen that he had a blister on his foot. 2 days later it it turned to gangrene. He started Hyperbaric Chamber treatments in mid January. His foot is healing nicely.. Then my dad started to have problems with passing out.. He would stand up and a few minutes later.. Down he would go! On Wednesday he went down, but this time he dislocated his ankle (his foot was on backwards after he fell) and broke his leg. He was taken by the ambulance to Brigham Hospital where he was told the only way to fix this is surgery, BUT because of you having gangrene in your foot we can not do anything. Man what a blow. The next day the social worker comes into the room with the head nurse and tells my dad.. We are discharging you, but you have to be put in a nursing home. You are to unstable and need constant care. You can not put any weight on your broken foot at all. Man another blow. Well, this is where I come in! I told my dad I would take care of him. So we got everything arranged and he moved right in. I took this picture last night at 2AM. Josiah is teething and my dad was too hot. So I thought hey take a picture. Since my dad has moved in he has made some great progress. He is doing so much better.

Exodus 20:12 "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."

6 comments:

RyGuy said...

That is a great picture of them. He is doing better than he was and we praise God for it.

Melinda said...

Our prayers will be with you and him. It is nice to have him there with you, to have such wonderful memories. To help him, and to treasure the time.

Corby Johnson said...

My giggle giggle giggle girl, I totally love the picture and the story you have wrote. I will add your story and Grandpa and Josiah's picture to my scrapblog book. You are a dutiful daughter and I love you for it.

Love always,

Mom

Sherri B said...

Praise God that you have been able to be such a blessing to your dad and mom. You are a good daughter and God has truly blessed you with a selfless spirit.
We continue to pray for complete healing for your dad.
We are also praying for comfort to be rained down on you because of Aunt Faye's death.

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful daughter Shelley. He's luck to have you.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. It does bring a little comfort knowing you will see her again.

Torri P said...

Wow shelly! You are an amazing daughter! Your dad is one lucky guy. He looks good in this picture too. I hope he heals quickly!