Friday, September 18, 2009

Healing Nicely



Josiah received a 2ND degree burn to his right hand 2 weeks ago from a motorcycle muffler. Our good friend was over showing us his very nice, very new motorcycle. Jaden had set the baby down to admire it and the first thing he does is reach over and touch the hottest part on the bike. He did not cry or anything.. well... not till about 10 minutes later.. Then there was not a thing that you could do to get him to stop. I tried cold water, ice, codeine... NOPE so I took him to the ER. They put some Burn Free ointment on his hand and told me to keep it wrapped and bring him back the next day for a re-check. ( The codeine took about 40 minutes to knock him out!)I did as they said.. Next day they gave me some silver something or other cream and had me put it on 2 times daily and keep it wrapped. That silver stuff is great it took out all the burn except on his palm. Now he is able to use his hand again... It looks great! Praise God that it has healed so well and did not ever get infection.

2 Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."

5 comments:

RyGuy said...

Yeah "stumpy" as Jurney calls him is healing so nicely.

Melinda said...

Oh poor baby!
It's called colodial silver, and it's wonderful stuff!
hopefully my spelling is correct!

Andrea said...

Ouch! Poor kiddo! Glad he's starting to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little thing! I'm glad it was not worse.
Sorry I haven't checked your blog lately. My computer has been acting weird and not letting me get on blogs. Hopefully it is fixed now :)Glad to see you are doing good.

Corby Johnson said...

Shelley,
I do not know if it is bad luck or what, but I have actually typed in two different comments and still had problems and so therefore, you never seen them or got to read them. I have one more try in me. This had better work.
My sweet little Josiah. He is just the cutest little thing ever. My heart just hurt when I heard that he had gotten burnt, then to see the bandage, even my hand hurt. His grandpa was even more distraught than I was. I am so glad that he has gotten better. I hope that it never happens again. Little ones are just so dog gone quite and quick. You just have to hope sooner or later they don't get hurt.
I also, wanted to let you know that I just love the new blog that you have done. I also would like you to know that they decore on the page is AWESOME!!!!

Hope you all had a
great day, God Bless,
Love you all forever
and ever,

Mom and Dad
a.k.a. grandma &
grandpa