Monday, October 27, 2008

Distraction



UPDATE
Just to let you all know, I found out last night that they are dropping the case against us. They did not have any evidence to go forward. Our family is very happy.. You should have seen how relieved the kids were! I will have a letter within a weeks time stating this. Thank you to all who supported us through this horrible time. Praise be to God!
We had a great time yesterday as a family. We went to Angie's in Logan for what is called the............ "KITCHEN SINK". It is basically a huge banana split with anything and everything on it. Yummy! Then we headed over to Grace Baptist Church for Pastor Appreciation Month. My Pastor preached a great message about enjoying your Christianity. God is good so enjoy it. It was nice to get our mind off of things. Somebody this week called and filed a false report against us to DCFS. So by law, they had to send a caseworker to our house to interview the kids.. What a horrible thing to do to a family. We just wanted to show the kids that we will be alright and that things could and would go back to normal.
1Peter 1:7 "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"
Psalms 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley, how awful for this to happen to you! I am totally shocked and amazed at the nerve of the person who called you in. I have known you since the 6th grade, and know that abusing your children is just not in you. You could never hurt them. You are a family of Faith! Keep your faith in knowing it will be ok.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I want one of those "kitchen sinks". They look good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have GOT to be kidding! So sorry Shelly! But you know they have to have evidence for this sort of thing and plus your kids will tell them how great of a mom you are---- :)
How low can people get to hurt and try to distroy families.
Hang in there!

MattBrasel said...

People who make false accusations should be prosecuted just like any other CRIME. I was glad to hear they are calling the witch hunt off. You and Ryan put a lot of thought and effort into parenting and bringing your chidren up in the nuture and admonition of the Lord. The thought of you abusing your children is absurd.

Sherri B said...

God is good!
We love and pray for you.

2Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Philippians 1:3-6 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Arizona Manwarings said...

That is so awful, I am so sorry that dumb people are out there. By the way Yummy treat I bet you had a great time eating that.

Dana said...

Glad to hear it is over. I am still in shock that anyone would do this. Glad that God has worked it out. Although we know he does.

Corby Johnson said...

Shelley,

I am glad that all is said and done for you and your beautiful little family. Having Family Services on your back is the biggest no fun time of your dads and my life. We went through this numerous times. It was simply hell! No other way to discribe it.

Love

Mom and Dad
s

Natalie said...

Dear Shelley!

I was very shocked to hear such about the whole DCFS thing.. And I am sorry that happened. I am glad that things are now better all in all. I think god had an idea, and a plan. And I don't know what it was with this one.. But I'm sure it was for a bigger picture that you and I just can't grasp. I know you and Ryan love the children.