Saturday, January 17, 2009

R.I.P.


Our pet rat Templeton died yesterday afternoon.
He has been very sick the last couple of weeks.
Jaden is getting ready to go out back and bury him. He lived with us for almost 3 years. He was given to us by my dad. He had bought him to feed to his pet snakes, but the rat put up a good fight and the snakes would not eat him.. So my dad called us up one day and said do you want this rat? Either you take it or I am going to flush it down the toilet.. Well, needless to say we took him.
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

5 comments:

Melinda said...

oh I am sorry to hear that. It is hard losing our loved animals,too.

Corby Johnson said...

Oh Shelley,
Could you tell my head wobbled when I said that. I can tell that Jaden and I am sure that Jurney too, is taking it hard. Pets become our family and it is sad too lose them. Cute picture of Jaden.

Love always,

Mom and Dad
a.k.a. Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

ohh how sad :( may he rest in peace and be happy in rat heaven
:)

Corby Johnson said...

Hey guys, I know it is rough to lose a pet but Templeton was in a lot of pain. Grandpa can get you another rat. You can come up with another cute name and get as attached to the new pet, just like you did Templeton. I even feel bad.

Love always,

Grandma and Grandpa

Natalie said...

He was a great Rat! You all took care of him very well! Rest in Peace Templeton