Sunday, December 7, 2008

~Baking with Mom~



My mother, me, Natalie, and Jurney spent a large part of Saturday baking for Christmas.. We made 32 loaves of Cranberry Nut Bread, 100+ homemade turtles (you know cashews with caramel and chocolate), and a pan of caramel.. It was a very fun and yummy day. Thanks mom, I had a great time with you! The Cranberry Nut Bread is a family favorite that my parents have done since I can remember.

Deuteronomy 5:16 "Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."

5 comments:

MattBrasel said...

Great stuff. We tried some of it tonight. Thanks!

Dana said...

OHHHH I have to say, YUMMMMMM YUMMMM the turtles are GREAT!
Thank You!

Corby Johnson said...

Dear Shelley,

I had one of the best days I have had in a long time. Thank you for coming.

Love always,

Mom and Dad

RyGuy said...

I'm glad you could spend time with your mom. The candy and bread was delicious. I like the new look for Christmas too!

Torri P said...

How fun to see a pic of your mom!! Haven't seen her in forever! Yummmy.....I want to come to your house for some goodies!!!