Tuesday, August 10, 2010

~Summer comes and goes~


The summer is coming quickly to an end! I have had a nice break. I am now at the school every morning trying to get all my ducks in a row for the 1st day!
.
.
.
.
.
So many things have happened:
*Ryan graduated from college
*Ryan got a job that he LOVES!
*My dad lost his leg and almost his life
*Jurney is getting good at driving!
*Josiah can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
*I lost 32 pounds and I plan to keep at it
*Jaden is officially a TEENAGER!
*Joshua is graduating nursery at church...
I am BLESSED!!!! I am going to head into the new school year with a different thought...
I am going to LIVE!
Sometimes you stop and you realize that the way you see everything has changed...and not for the good.
I am going to seek God in all that I do....I am going to Praise HIM and always give thanks!
1 Thessalonians 5:13 " In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post. and i LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!

32 pounds? wow shelley!!!
good work! :)

Corby Johnson said...

Well, my dearest Shelley, sounds like you have it all planned out. It is definitely a good plan. A lot did happen this summer...some of it we wished had never happened. But all in all, it is time for a fresh start and a better way to look at life. Be grateful and give much praise to the man that made it all happen, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
Love forever and ever

The Best Mother
and Grandmother in
my neighborhood...

Melinda said...

Very nice!! I heard something the other day, and I've tried to make it my new way of thinking....
Don't complain about your blessings!

I know what you mean about summer coming and going... It seems time flies anymore!

Arizona Manwarings said...

ohh my goodness you have a driver. That is one thing I am dreading. GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are good Shelley! Loved the post. Your kids are getting so big! Can't believe Jurney is driving! AH!
Good job on the weight loss. Still struggling with mine.
Aren't little kids the best! Too cute about the cereal....YUM!